Wednesday 8 February 2012

So I'm starting to realise how life can so easily get in the way of things you really want to do. We have all had a sickness bug that's been going round as well as starting back at uni. So all crazy and not much lovely sewing time to be had. 

I finally got round to making my pin cushion which I love, and its already come in handy, no more pins stuck in the edges of the sofa...

I ended up using the pattern in my Cath Kidston book and actually following the instructions (after my free and attempt failed,) but really happy with it now and gave me a bit of practice at following instructions. So far so good...






The only other thing I've had chance to make was a necessity for my little boy. He got lots of jigsaws for his birthday and loves them but they're everywhere. Instead of having lots of boxes of jigsaws I decided to make him a bag with some gorgeous fabric in my stash. I think I'm getting better at actually making the bags it was just the handles I was unsure of as before I've always just used ribbon. Luckily for me my  yr old isn't much of a critic so will do perfectly for what he needs.





I've got lots of sewing plans at the moment its just a matter of finding time to do them. I want to make myself a couple of things out of my 1 sewing book, a toddler size bean bag and also a tote bag for myself for uni. I've already got the fabric for the bean bag and am on the look out for lovely fabrics for myself.  I think I'd also like to check out what other sewing books are out there as well. In the future Id love to make my own patterns but I think I will learn much more by following other peoples advice for now. Hopefully it wont be as long before I have some more makes to show off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment