Sunday 22 January 2012

And so my journey into sewing starts. I was given a sewing machine for my birthday in August, and although I have completed a few projects and am constantly writing lists of thing I want to make, I find myself being distracted by other things and losing my random lists, hence the need for this blog. I'm hoping that this will keep me on track and remind me of those projects  that are half finished before starting new ones (one of my biggest weaknesses.) 


I have my lovely red sewing machine, a large pile of fabric that still has no home, my Cath Kidston sewing box (also a birthday gift) and a few sewing books that I'm hoping will help start me off and give me lots of inspiration along with other sewing blogs that I have been obsessively reading for the past few months. 

I thought I would start of posting some of the things I have already made, although only from my own mind not a pattern, more as a way of getting used to my machine and using some lovely fabric. 


 Firstly a little bag was my first mission, this one is currently being used as a wash bag for when we go away, I used two different fabrics, firstly because they're gorgeous but also because I seem to have developed a habit for buying scraps of fabric from people which are all about this size. I see more little wash bags being made in the future, possibly as presents...

 Another way of using my scraps, my first piece of patchwork! Very wonky and the corners are all off so may need to find a tutorial on that but quite happy for a first attempt and very cute if I do say so myself. Now I just need to decide what to do with it...
Finally is my first bit of bunting, I've wanted to make some for my sons room for ages and finally decided to give it a go. We live in a rented house so cant paint at all and little bits like this really help make it more like a little boys room. 

So that is my first blog post, hopefully there will be much more to show in the coming months, now very excited to get started and make my home a handmade haven...



3 comments:

  1. Good luck with your sewing! Love your son's bunting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Hannah, thank you so much for popping by my blog today : )
    I cannot believe how many projects you have completed in such a short time, i had my sewing machine for about 12 months before i actually completed a project!
    have fun, looking forward to seeing what you do next!
    emma x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello and welcome to the world of sewing and blogging! I wouldnt expect to do anything else from now on!! LOL!

    I love your makes so far and look forward to seeing what you make next!

    Rhi x

    ReplyDelete